View topic - dash light fuse blowing.

Register    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Topical Discussion » Electrical

Post subject: dash light fuse blowing.
 Post Posted: July 28th, 2010, 7:48 pm 

Has anyone had a dash light/ parking light fuse blow out numerous times. I had taken it in and they stated it just happens some times. I have tried to find posts on this in every section, am I the only one?

By the way this site is the most information packed site on Xterra's available. Thank you all.

[b]"life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive, well preserved body; rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly worn out, covered in scars and screaming, 'yahoo! what a ride!"

Post subject: Re: dash light fuse blowing.
 Post Posted: July 29th, 2010, 2:39 pm 

Xterra model year: 2000
What year?

Post Posted: July 29th, 2010, 2:51 pm 

it is a 2004 xe. I have around 50k on it. it has a 2" body lift and a PML. I have not done any electrical mods yet. I have changed the fuse 4 times in 2 weeks.

[b]"life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive, well preserved body; rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly worn out, covered in scars and screaming, 'yahoo! what a ride!"

Post Posted: July 29th, 2010, 2:57 pm 

I had purchased the truck used and it came with a lifetime powertrain and computer warranty and I also purchsed an extended warranty through the dealer that covers everything but wearable parts, fuses, wipers, brakes, etc. I think they will claim its not covererd. I think there is a deductable as well that I do not want to pay for what could be a simple fix.

Post Posted: July 29th, 2010, 3:05 pm 

after looking around, I found a caption on this advanced auto parts page. Could the loose wire on an alternator cause a fuse to blow, but why just the interior lights?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... 7999116___

Post Posted: March 25th, 2011, 1:05 pm 

I realize this post is almost a year old, so I'm guessing you've probably figured out what was up, but I just had the same problem so I figured I'd share my story. It was snowing really hard here in utah, so I headed over to the nearest church parking lot to have some fun in my X. About 10 minutes into some very brutal donuts (not nearly as slick as i expected it to be), my dash lights and gear selector light went out. I decided that this was not a big deal, as I almost never look at my speedo anyways, so i left it burnt out for about a week and a half. Well the good ol' boys in blue made sure to tell me that my tail lights were out as well. I had not known that the two were tied together in the same engine compartment fuse. I changed out the fuse and the all came back to life, but like brian2004x, I was going through fuses like none other, I used up a box of 5 in a week. I crawled under my rig to grease the steering stops, and noticed that the passenger sidemarker wire was ripped out of it's hole and that the bulb/socket were gone leaving two exposed wires, which were contacting each other and producing a small spark. I picked up a new socket from a dealer for 12 bucks and haven't blown a fuse for two months now.

Post Posted: March 25th, 2011, 1:24 pm 

Yes, problem has been solved. Mine was a little harder to find as the wires going to the side markers were rubbing on the bumper mounts and causing a short, but not everytime. Easy fix if you knew what to look for.

Post Posted: March 31st, 2011, 9:32 pm 

Xterra model year: 2000
There's a TSB on that, your dealer sucks for not catching it.
http://nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/ ... x?id=54248

Board index » Topical Discussion » Electrical